Today I went to my favorite place: Target. After parking in my usual spot and taking my usual route through the store (a quick glance at clearance stuff for me, turn right at the shoes then a peek at toddler clothes) I ended up in the toiletry section. As I picked up a box of girly products, I heard a sweet voice say, "Hi Jill!" and my face instantly turned the color of my red shirt. She eyed what was in my basket and asked how I was doing. I mumbled something then thanked her for playing the piano for me in Relief Society yesterday. When I told her we were moving she asked if I would be able to transfer to a different Target. Huh? Then I realized I was wearing this:
Khaki pants and all. I tried to make a joke out of it and she said, "Oh I just figured you had a short shift this morning and didn't have time to change." How embarrassing. At least my hair was done.
P.S. It is very hard to take a picture of yourself.
9 comments:
You look really cute--your hair looks awesome and you look super skinny! Who cares if you also look like a Target employee...you'd be the hottest one around!
That is so darn funny!!! There are certain color combos I try to avoid--and it drives me nuts because I LIKE some of them--but I too would be sporting employee-wear. :)
You are so funny!! LOVE all your stories....
Hahahaha! I'll admit I've had to change clothes once or twice before going to Target because I didn't want someone to think I was an employee. :) Thanks for sharing!
Yes, a little targetish, but still cute! What were you buying that embarrassed you so? Ha Ha Ha! Cut story.
I love this story. And I feel your pain. No matter what I am wearing about 75% of the time I go to a store someone asks me for help. I'm not sure if it's because I look what I know I'm doing or if it just looks like I belong there. At least no one asked you for help. lol.
I love this story. And I feel your pain. No matter what I am wearing about 75% of the time I go to a store someone asks me for help. I'm not sure if it's because I look what I know I'm doing or if it just looks like I belong there. At least no one asked you for help. lol.
Go Khaki and Red! haha I have done that before and I always try to rush through target so I don't get bothered. You are hilarious!
It's a shame Target ruined the whole red and khaki look...it's a great combo! Anyway, that's hilarious! I always feel dumb going there because I think every article of clothing I have (maternity, anyway) is some Target brand. Oh well!
Hey, where are you guys moving?
Post a Comment