Monday, March 30, 2009

Soon we'll be a quartet.



Jenna's first "concert" as a Big Sister is in September!
(First ten people to come will receive an autographed spatula!)


Things I enjoy about being 16.5 weeks pregnant:

  • Maternity pants. I mean, come on. Who doesn't like to wear pants with an elastic waistband!
  • Eating an extra 300 calories a day. Oh wait. That's nothing new. But now it's justifiable.
  • Feeling those funny little flutters and knowing it's not just gas.
  • Blaming everything on hormones. "Jake I don't feel like making dinner tonight. Sorry, must be hormones!"
  • Watching Jake get excited when he talks about another beebo.

Things I'm not too fond of at 16.5 pregnant:

  • My skin. Where's that "pregnancy glow" everyone talks about?!
  • Looking like I'm 6 months pregnant when I'm only 4. I know you show earlier/more with your second but sheesh!

That's really all I'm disliking. Even though I had a textbook pregnancy, I didn't fully enjoy being pregnant with Jenna, mostly because I didn't know what to expect. But hindsight is always 20/20 and now that I've been through it and understand how cool it actually is I'm trying to have a more positive attitude. But.... talk to me in August when I'm 8 months and it's 100 degrees outside and we'll see what I have to say then!

The baby bump.

15 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Lovin' it! Glad you finally came out! Jenna, you are going to be a great big sis!

My word ver was: diestica.
I think I was suffering from that last night.
What?

Rachel Holloway said...

WOO HOO! CONGRATS! I am so excited for you!

Portia said...

Geez girl! You are a J-Lo
look-alike! Mighty fine momma!

Debbie said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. I am going on my last week and can't wait for it to be overwith. Then I will be busy with two little boys:)

Camille said...

Are you kidding me? You don't look 6 months prego. You look great. Congratulations to you guys.

Really, it's not fair that you are threatening to leave us! Is that for real?

Kimra Bham said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! You're looking great, and Jenna's rocking out so cute... I'm sure she'll love being a big sister! Can't wait to hear all the updates!

P.S. I think you're one of the first girls I know who likes to wear maternity pants!!!! :)

Diana said...

Seriously Jill, you like the maternity pants??? I guess in theory they seem nice! Love Jenna's Big Sis shirt! We're so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so getting tix to that concert!! I want to be there so bad! Thanks for the great announcement, I have been dying to tell! I too love maternity pants (secret belly fit is the best) I even liked wearing them after I was pregnant. You look so beautiful in that beach belly picture, I love you!!

Emma said...

You look great!

Leah said...

I can't wait to have a new cousin (even though there will be an 11 year difference)! And what are you talking about?? You look fantastic! And did you know that two of my teachers are also pregnant?? It is so exciting!!!

Mattson Family said...

You look beautiful Jill!

Mardi said...

What are you talking about - you look fabulous. I can't say I have enjoyed this pregnancy YET - but the vomitting seems to have come to and end and the baby kicks are getting stronger...so things are looking up. Are you going to find out what you are having? We are waiting until "IT" is born. Congrats!

lynsey said...

congratulations!!! you look fantastic and i'm so excited for you!!

Brooke said...

A big sister!!!!!!! My teacher is pregnant too!!!! That is exciting!!!!!! I miss you!!!! Jenna is soooooo cute!!!! Miss you all.

Alicia said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome! I'm excited that we're due about the same time. And way to be, keeping it a secret for so long--I was pretty proud of myself for waiting 12 weeks, but 16.5--wow! :) You look absolutely fabulous, too!