Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What happened?

Jenna's new favorite phrase is "Whuh happen?" Some examples:
(As we pull over for an ambulance)
Jenna: Mommy, wuh-sat?
Me: An ambulance. They're on their way to help someone who's hurt or sick.
Jenna: Whuh happen, Mommy?
Me: I don't know.
Jenna: Uh... fall?
Me: Yeah, maybe someone fell.
Jenna: Whuh happen, Mommy?
Me: I'm not sure, Jenna.
Jenna: Uh.... bonk a head?

She asked the same thing when Jake let out a "Aw, c'mon!" while watching Michigan beat USC on Sunday. And she asked it again when I checked on her during nap and found most of her books scattered across her room and toys in her bed. But this afternoon I was the one asking "What happened?!" when I found her like this:
Apparently her newly attained big-girl status means she can paint her own nails. Here's what she had to say about it:

How could I be upset at that face? At least she recognizes the importance of a mani/pedi.

P.S. Sarah M., two great minds think alike? Our girls must be twins.

7 comments:

Portia said...

Had to laugh!
So boo-ful!

Aggieland Mom said...

Oh my goodness, she is so cute I was laughing so hard I almost cried. What an adorable little voice! Yes, Jenna, very boo-ful!

Mattson Family said...

HAHA! That is too funny and too cute! Great minds DO think alike! Fashionistas (sp?) in the making! :)

Unknown said...

Can Jenna paint mine for me? I want to be booiful too!

Kimra Bham said...

She is such a little lady! I love it!

Emma said...

So boo-ful indeed! I miss you!

Leah said...

That was hilarious! I wish I could have done that when I was 2! I miss you!