Last night, Jake was teasing me about something (it's quite easy to do) and I tried to attack him but he grabbed my wrists and was making me hit myself. It's sounds so abusive but we were laughing hysterically and then I remembered that my brother used to do the same thing when we were kids. He'd take my wrists and pound my hands against my chest and say, "Stop hitting yourself, Jill! Stop hitting yourself!" And I was helpless because he was so much stronger. I'm sure I got him into trouble more than a few times but deep down I thought his torture was funny. So it got me thinking about my brother and I thought it was time to post a few things I love about him.
Steve is definitely his own person and he doesn't care much about what others think of him. He's got his own style and he does his own thing. I bought a bright green puffy zip-up vest once at Ross and asked him what he thought of it (it's important to me that Steve thinks I'm cool) and he said, "Do you like it?" I said that I did and he said, "Then it doesn't matter." Oh. What a novel idea! I wish I was more like my brother in this way instead of obsessing over what others might think of me and my green puffy vest.
Steve is also a very honest person, the what-you-see-is-what-you-get type. He doesn't mess around, he doesn't play games and he calls it like he sees it. As a girl of the tell-me-what-I-want-to-hear type, that characteristic is sometimes difficult to understand but I've learned to appreciate him in this way and I value his opinion very much.
When Steve finds something he's good at or that he loves, he goes all out. Whether it's surfing, (a girl! hehe!) playing the drums, church, teaching or snowboarding, he puts his whole heart into it. He never gives less than his best. One time he was kind of grumpy because my mom asked him to do some chores. She said, "Stephen, you want to know why I always ask you to do stuff for me? Because you always do such a good job!" And it's true!
Steve is a passionate person and one of his passions is surfing. Some might call it an obssession but I think it's good to be passionate about something rather than nothing. He's quite good at it, too. And I've learned not to call him back to the beach, even if the waves are getting pretty big. He can handle them.
My brother can definitely hold his own - in the water and out - but I just wanted to make sure he knows what a cool guy I think he is (although I'm not sure how much weight that sentiment holds coming from a little sister!)
one cool dude.... and one nice puffy vest
3 comments:
What a great sister you are!
I hope he's not too cool to read blogs!
Ok, so my brother used to do the same thing to me and Scott has done that more than once to me too! I was just laughing when I read about that.
Sounds like such a great brother. He also sounds a lot like my big brother.... :0)
thanks for the nice comments. Thanks for reminding me how much I like to surf, I haven't been in a while. I love you lil sis
Post a Comment