Sunday, March 8, 2009

Du-WHAT?

Last week at church our choir director approached me and said, "I have some music for Easter...." and I thought she was going to ask me to play the piano but instead she said, "And I was wondering if you'd be interested in singing a duet." HUH? My first response was, "Have you ever heard me sing?!" Then she said someone told her I had a strong alto voice. Double huh?! I immediately started laughing and thought this had to be a joke. I have never in my life sung a duet. "But you sing in choir," she said. "Yeah because no one can actually hear me when I'm singing with all those people!" She asked me to look over it and let her know what I decide. On the home I thought There's no way. Then, as the week went by and I played through the music I thought Why not? I think it will be good for me to take this very large leap out of my comfort zone. I have always, always been the one behind the piano and I appreciate the opportunity to possibly develop a different talent. Well, okay. Let's be honest. I just appreciate the opportunity. I'm not sure there will be any talent developed. And, if worse comes to worse and I completely botch the song, Jake and I will be moving in a few months and my embarrassment will be short-lived.

7 comments:

Sami said...

Had to laugh at your post, you should ask me about my singing experience sometime.....

But I didn't like the moving part. Don't want to think about it.....

lynsey said...

good for you for taking it on! i bet you'll do great. now where are you moving to???

Laura said...

I think opportunities like that are one of the things that make being a member of The LDS Church so cool. When we get callings, speaking assignments, or the opportunity to sing a duet, it is something we probably would not have had a chance to do.

You ROCK for being willing to give it a try.

Amy Franklin said...

You should totally do it--because you secretly want to try out for American Idol.

Rachel Holloway said...

You'll do great! WAY TO GO on accepting the opportunity! :)

Unknown said...

you do sing a a great alto!! I used to try and follow you to hit the notes, so your awesome! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Emma said...

You will do awesome!!