Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"It's (not) beginning to feel a lot like Christmas..."

For some reason, it just doesn't feel like Christmas. My tree is up, I've got an apple cinnamon Glade plug-in plugged in, Sunny 102.3 has been playing Christmas carols 24 hours a day since Thanksgiving and the weather has finally dropped below 65 degrees. But, I don't know, it just doesn't seem like Christmas! Maybe it's because we won't be with a lot of our family members. Jake's sister and her family are staying in Florida. And my two sisters are staying in Ohio. And for this reason, Christmas is a love/hate holiday. I love giving (and getting!) gifts, but it's a family holiday and for the past two years, we haven't all been together. I wish everyone (all 17 on my side and all 14 on Jake's) could line up in the hallway from youngest to oldest and walk single-file into the living room then sit around the tree while our dads and grandpas pass out gifts. I guess it's time to start our own traditions with Jenna but I guess deep down I was really hoping one of those traditions would be walking down the street to spend Christmas with cousins.

3 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

Oh Jilly. That makes me feel so sad. I miss you so so so much I can't even begin to tell you. Next year we'll be together, I promise!!!

Chatty Family said...

Wishing you were here! Or we were there! Missing you so much. Love you even more!

Unknown said...

Making your own traditions can be fun! And it is Jenna's first Christmas, yeah!!!