Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Update
Well, we're finally moved in to our "dupe" as Jake likes to call it (a.k.a. duplex). It is a life-changing experience. Seriously. I never knew having two extra cabinets in the bathroom or more countertop space would make such a difference in my life. We also got our very first washer and dryer thanks to Jake's grandma. (It was her wedding gift to us.... three years later.) I washed everything I could on the day they arrived. I was washing bath mats and the boppy (individually!) and a small load on the delicate cycle - loads I never would have done previously at the cost of $1.75 each. Those quarters are precious. I always crammed everything I could into one load. A couple days ago when Jake took a load out to the dryer (in the garage) I almost slipped and asked if he needed quarters. It is so nice not to have to make trips to Save Mart to "buy" a roll. And Jenna is loving her new room and Jake is loving that he doesn't have to tiptoe around in the morning so as not to wake us up. So we are really enjoying living here and are also really enjoying our neighbors who are in our ward. The bad news is that our camera is completely dead so I can't take pictures of our new place. This irritates me because I had video on it of Jenna cruising around the coffee table. I guess a new camera will be our Christmas present to each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are in a "dupe" too. We love it! Our neighbors are also in our ward which is fabulous!! We love to swap baby-sitting. Congrats on the new cupboard space and washer too! Isn't it great? You almost feel like a real grown-up! haha
Post a Comment