Monday, December 17, 2007

New toys for all!

Last night Jake and I were lounging in our jammies on the couch, searching the internet for Christmas gifts when we heard a knock at the door. It was about 8:30 and I figured the only people knocking on our door that late would be our neighbors. We're pretty comfortable with them, so I didn't bother to go throw some jeans on. But, no. It was our BISHOP. I was so embarrassed. But he was coming to bring Jenna a wooden rocking chair that looks like a little bear. He made it himself and it is SO cute. Jake and I were floored. He was delivering them to all the little kids in our ward! It was the nicest thing ever and made us feel so good. We are saving it for Christmas morning and Jenna is going to love it. And, when I apologized for being in pajamas, he said "I wouldn't expect anything more this time of night." What a great guy.

We've had a few major things break or not work properly this month including, but not limited to, our camera (which Jake said we can replace before Christmas. Yeah!) our car (which Jake said we can replace sooner rather than later. Double YEAH!) our garbage disposal, our garage door (both of which have been fixed) and our computer. Our computer has been going downhill for a while now but when Jenna finally got to it and pulled the X button off, we knew it was time. We're looking into an apple computer. Jake's computer-guru cousin said apples never get viruses and I used apples in school and really liked them. So, we've got a few major purchases coming up but instead of looking at the huge cost these things will be, I'm going to be excited (man, I use that x more than I thought!) about all the new toys. So hopefully, I will finally be able to post pictures of my cutie little Jenna.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow what an awesome bishop! Cool gift and hand made! I hope it all works out with your future purchases, we have a mac and we LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

I thought Texas was calling you? hehe