Tell me a story, tell me a story, tell me a story
So I can go to bed.
Make it a short one, make it a short one, make it a short one
'Cause I'm a sleepy head.
Laaaaaaaaaaame. Then on Wednesday night I realized how much she'd actually been holding back....
My mom has been taking a storytelling class at the local junior college and it's a lot harder than it sounds! She has to write an introduction, think about her voice, hand gestures, body language, etc. and tell it from memory. But my mom is great at everything (no bias there...) and so naturally she's excelled at this too. And when the college's "Celebration of the Humanities" contest came up, she entered two of her stories and won first place! Wednesday night was the awards ceremony where she got to perform her award-winning story telling of "The Giving Tree." I was so captivated, I nearly forgot to take pictures (which didn't turn out anyway, darn it!) She did such an awesome job!
Maybe it's a good thing she didn't bust out her storytelling talent at bedtime when I was kid - I definitely wouldn't have fallen asleep!
Good job, Mom!!
8 comments:
Man, I wish I could have been there! Mom is awesome. BTW, cute blog and title!!
I'm glad I am not the only one that asks for nightly bedtime stories. (ok so I ask David ALL the time and get nothing) Your mom is awesome! Way to go Sis. Brooks.
I wish I could've been there. Happy Easter and I love the new title!
Awesome job Grandma!!! I love the new look!!
(the new look thing was about the blog title)
Good job Grandma!!!! I wish I would have got to see her read The Giving Tree. Last night she told us about it. She also told us about some other people who read and how they used expression in their voice and the backgrounds they had. We are having fun with her here in Ohio. She also told us other stuff too. I love and miss you.
Thanks, Jill, for memoralizing my special night. I'll never forget this! Thanks for coming, too!
BTW...you didn't get that silly ditty EVERY night! Where do you think "Lilly Moongoose" came from??
Post a Comment