Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter party

Easter started out a little rocky.... But we recovered and had a really great Sacrament meeting. Jake and I both sang in some musical numbers. Remember that duet I was asked to do? I survived it and I think the congregation did, too. The best part about it? It's over. After the first hour, we left for my parents house and got a nice picture of Jenna.
Jenna loved this dress from Grandma. And she looked so sweet in it. She got to wear it to church again when we went to my parent's ward. My dad gave a great talk and the whole meeting was really nice. It's always nice to go back and see people I grew up with. After dinner was Jenna's egg hunt.
Then, it was time to go home - a drive that usually takes about an hour and 20 minutes. Last night, it took us nearly three hours! We all got a little crazy.

Don't judge us. What else are people supposed to do at 10 mph for an hour?!

We finally made it home and even though the day started and ended a little rough, it was a great day. And I'm glad the next holiday that revolves around candy isn't until Halloween. Or am I?

4 comments:

Emma said...

Those pictures are funny. Jenna looks so nice in that dress.

Portia said...

Sorry you had a long ride home. Looks like the day was fun.
Jenna was a doll in that dress.

Nathaniel & Jenny said...

Maybe you guys should sing again since we missed you on Sunday!

Diana said...

I love your sad, surprised and happy faces!!! And I am sad that we missed the musical numbers, I am sure they were beautiful! I feel like I haven't seen you in so long! What's going on!??!