Thursday, October 8, 2009

One Month

At one month, Callie can follow objects with her eyes, lift her head up for several seconds at a time and turn her head from side to side. She eats about every 3 hours and poops about every 3 seconds. She's got a great pair of lungs, which she likes to show off during inconvenient hours when most normal people are sleeping. In an attempt to determine the cause of her crying, we've been to a couple doctors who suspect a possible milk allergy. So, for the next two weeks I'm avoiding all milk and milk products. That means ice cream. Can I make it???


In other blogworthy happenings, I was mortified at the grocery store today. I had Callie in the Snugli and Jenna in the cart. We were checking out...
Cashier, to Jenna: Is that your baby sister?
Jenna: Yeah
Me: What's her name?
Jenna: Cow-wee
Cashier: Do you hold your sister?
Jenna: Yeah. She fell down.
Cashier: She fell down?
Jenna: Yeah. In her swing. She fell down.
Me, laughing nervously
Cashier: Did she get hurt?
Me: Noooo she was okay.
The real story is that Callie was in her swing and I was finishing up dishes in the kitchen. Jenna tried to hold her and Callie ended up face down on the hardwood floor. I didn't see exactly what happened and I don't think she was like that for more than a second but still. Lesson learned: there's a reason for those buckles. And that cashier probably thinks I'm one of those moms. Remind me not to check out at register 15 anymore.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo thats what happened. I am waiting for Jenna to start telling primary about what goes on at home... I can just see it now...my mom and dad shoot bunnies. haha Love you all!

Kersey said...

wow, check out those cheeks! I think she looks an awful lot like her mother! Beautiful!

Portia said...

Yea, she's got the cheeks goin' on!! Still a beauty!!

OK, Jenna, what happens on Garfield, stays on Garfield!! ;-D

Tony and Traci said...

I love her nice squeezy cheeks.

lynsey said...

she's so cute! i'm sorry you've been having a hard time with her at night, believe you me, i have BEEN THERE. and luckily i have chunky and happy baby leah now standing and cruising along our furniture at an alarming age of 7 months.

i do have to say, that one benefit i have found from having a fussy baby is that they are STRONG.

also, we went through the milk allergy stuff too. it's really difficult & when it didn't seem to solve the problem, that was when i switched to soy formula. and it worked like a CHARM. not to encourage formula-feeding or anything, but you can pump for 3 days, freeze the milk, give her soy for 3 days, and if it doesn't work then go back to nursing her.

i was disappointed to stop nursing after 3 1/2 weeks when she seriously was SO good at it, but once i did it i could not believe the difference.

anyway, i am totally pro-nursing. i think you give it everything you've got. and i'm hoping that something works for you, whatever that is!

Alicia said...

She's such a cutie! I hope you're able to keep nursing her--and hopefully you can still have ice cream too! :)

I can definitely imagine Gracie trying to get the baby out of the swing, so I'm learning from your experience: all day today, I've been using the seat belt on Katie in the swing! :) Thanks for teaching me a lesson too!