Sunday, October 4, 2009

Colicky Callie

I will survive.Right?
Callie is a very fussy baby. Ten o'clock (p.m.) seems to be the magic hour when she wakes up crying, sometimes until 4 in the morning. Nothing calms her down, except nursing but who wants to do that all night long? We've tried massages, warm baths, the hair dryer (it only worked that one night) and an herbal concoction called gripe water, which works sometimes. I even took her to the doctor on Friday just in case it isn't just colic but the doctor didn't see anything wrong. Last night, we were desperate and so Jake gave her a blessing. She fussed for another hour or so then slept from 2-7 a.m. WoOHOo! After eating at 7, she fell right back asleep until 9:45. Double Woohoo! Here's hoping for a repeat tonight....

9 comments:

Diana said...

YUCK! I can't imagine how hard that would be. Good luck Jill, you will totally survive. Oh man, I don't envy you though!

Portia said...

Hmmm..............
Why is the Lord the LAST place we turn when we need help? We always think we can do it all ourselves or come up with a solution on our own. Thanks for the lesson and reminder!!

Kimra Bham said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! You WILL survive, you're right!! Good luck, and enjoy the non-crying moments with your sweet little girl :)

Lauralee said...

Good luck, I hope it works! No sleep is really really hard, add a crying baby and it's even harder! Here's to the end of it, eh? If it's not today, it will come someday. If you need someone to watch Jenna during the day, give me a call!

Landon and Alaina said...

You know what really worked for me? I took the baby to have a craniosacral massage, (you can google it) and after 2 or 3 visits she was 100% better.. no colic!! I hope she gets better. There is noting worse than a crying baby you don't know how to fix!

Debbie said...

I understand the nursing thing all night. Carter is my cranky baby too. I hope that she gets better. Good Luck!

Mattson Family said...

look up "The Happiest Baby on the Block". It combines swaddling, rocking, pacifier and white noise - I swear it works miracles. There is a DVD floating around out there with the info. Good luck! So sorry you are going through this! Hope you can get some rest. :)

Tiffy said...

Amen the Mattson Family!! Jilly I thought Trooper was colicky too until I read that book "The Happiest Baby on the block"! It sounds too easy at first and kinda funny but it really really worked for us!! I love that book! Good luck with whatever you do! She is still cute even when she is crying!! Love you

Tony and Traci said...

Yikes! That stinks! Sorry to hear that she isn't sleeping well.