Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Last week, Jenna and I met up with some of my old college buddies at a very awesome park in Dublin. It was so exciting to see my friends! However, it was not exciting when Jenna did a face plant on the cement as soon as I set her down to go play. Her poor lip, cut by her two front teeth, swelled up immediately and blood filled her mouth.
I was secretly flipping out and hope I did a good job of pretending to be cool! But, when Jenna didn't calm down right away, I turned to Rachel, the all-knowing mother I believe her to be, and helplessly said, "I don't know what to do!" It wasn't much long after that when Jenna recovered and I knew she was totally fine when she headed over to the sand box and started playing in the water from a moat some kids had dug for their extravagant castle.


Another good use for a shoe!
The afternoon was very fun but cut short because of the unexpected chilly weather. Jenna had to ride home in just a diaper because her clothes were wet and sandy but she didn't seem to mind. I loved hanging out with Rachel and Sarah and remembering people we used to know. I'm excited to get together with Sarah again and take our kids to the San Francisco Zoo. Tomorrow is free admission! Oh yeah!

1 comment:

Portia said...

Hey! Aren't grandmas invited???