We met my parents at Half Moon Bay today and had a great time with each other and enjoyed the cooler beach weather (it's been over a hundred degrees this week!) Jenna loved playing with Grandma in the sand and letting the water come up to her feet. It was a very relaxing afternoon.






Jenna picked up on a few new words this week: truck ("dutch") pasta ("passa") medicine ("meh-mehs") glasses ("ba-bahs") lotion ("basha" or "hands?" like she's asking for it on her hands) and horse (haws). She also learned that a bee says bzzzz ("bssss") and a horse says neigh ("Aaaay"). When Jenna was born, Jake's aunt Sandy made her this cool blanket with pink camoflauge on one side and pink polka dots on the other. It's always been in Jenna's crib but she never really noticed it until this week and now she can't live without it. She eats with it, pushes it around in her stroller, and has to have it in the car. She'd probably bathe with it if we let her. She seems to be even more attached to it than her "square" (the other little blanket she's eating with that she can't live without).
One night this week, she woke up around 3 a.m. I went in her room to rock her and when I picked her up, I also picked up her square. We sat down in the rocking chair and instead of immediately laying down like she usually does, she sat up, turned to her bed and said, "Bay?" Not sure what she was talking about, I asked, "Do you want your blanket?" And she said, "Yeah." I got it for her and she was fine. Crazy kid!
6 comments:
We love Jenna, oh yes we do-oo, We love Jenna and we'll be true-oo, when we can't see the Barnes's were BLUE! Oh Jenna pants we love you! :)
Perfect day!
Perfect weather!
Perfect company!
Hello! good to see ya'll are doing great. Jenna is getting so big and I love the pictures of the beach. I love waves, they are so relaxing.
Okay, so I just read your thing about dating after you are married and it is so true. I wanted to die laughing, but I couldn't because Ben is asleep, but you are hilarious. It is so true... everything you said. It's like we are couples dating other couples. Sometimes I like the girl, but Boyd doesn't like the guy, but then you find the golden couple that when you get together the guys and the girls are laughing, and you just know that there is a future that lies ahead for you. Kind of like when we met you and Jake. It was just meant to be. Oh man... I crack myself up. I miss ya'll. There was a parade here this last weekend, and I couldn't stop thinking about when we saw ya'll in the 4th of July parade in Rexburg riding on the sears tractors. That was awesome.
I love taking kids to the beach! It's so fun to see them experience everthing from the sand in their toes, to the crash of the cool water, or the sounds of the crazy seagulls over head!
She is getting so big! Her eyes are gorgeous! Are you coming to Rexburg any time soon? Ha...
Post a Comment