Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Amy's Visit


This is the fourth attempt I've made to write this post. Each time, Internet Explorer has experienced a problem and shut down. (Wish I could do that! "Jake, I'm experiencing a problem, I'm going to shut down." and head to my room for a nap.) Anyway, as a result, this fourth time around will probably not have as many details as the first. But we had a great weekend with my sister, Amy. We got to go to San Francisco where we walked 6.7 miles around China Town, Coit Tower and other parts of the city. We celebrated Jenna's first birthday and Amy made a really yummy homemade carrot cake in the shape of a butterfly. I decorated it with pink frosting and m&ms and it turned out pretty cute, although obviously my first attempt at cake decorating. It was fun just hanging out eating frozen yogurt from the Yogurt Mill while searching for blogs of people we grew up with and taking pictures of Jenna (two of the pictures in the slide show are Amy's). We missed Melissa but are thrilled that Porter didn't culture for Pseudomonas and so his last TOBI treatment is tomorrow night. YEAH!!!! (Check out the links to the right to learn more about Porter and Cytsic Fibrosis). And we know there will be other opportunities for Melissa to come visit us. Who knows, maybe by this summer she won't have to fly out here for a visit because we'll be there permanently!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You must have had tons of fun in SF! I am a little jealous, I want to go back to SF too! What else have you been doing with your sister there?

Chatty Family said...

Wish I could have been there! Miss you so much!

Kimberly said...

She is soo cute! Hannah has a new car seat coming in the mail this week. How old is Jenna?? I swear she looks so much like you!