Friday, February 22, 2008

Got Milk?

I have not made a single ounce of formula today. I have not washed a single bottle. Because Jenna had regular milk today in a sippy cup! She has had formula in a cup with a straw before but that cup definitely wasn't spill-proof so this is a very liberating feeling. I love that I can pour her a cup, without measuring water and counting scoops, hand it to her while she's in her high chair, and not worry about mopping it up when she's done. And, if she doesn't drink all of it, I don't have to toss the remaining milk after an hour, like the can of formula says to do. Her reaction to it was great. I thought she'd scrunch up her nose like she does to green beans, but she didn't even blink an eye. It was like she'd been drinking it her whole life. I am starting to feel so much better about the whole eating and drinking thing. Instead of making sure she has a bottle every four hours like I had previously been doing, I just offer her milk at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks (which is usually when she wakes up from her naps) or whenever I think she might be thirsty. She is also doing great at trying new things to eat like cereal bars and quesadillas. She also said two new things this week: Yum (which sounds like "Ummmm") and Roar (which is more like a whispered "rar"). I am really starting to think of her as a kid now instead of a baby.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a big milestone! Congrats on the easier drinking routine. I really miss you and wish we were close so we could watch Jenna grow (5 more days and she is 1) Yippee!

Tony and Traci said...

That is so cool that she is growing up. She is really starting to get to a fun age. (not that she wasn't fun already i'm sure, but she will start interacting more)

Alicia said...

Yay for Jenna! Isn't cow's milk so much easier (and cheaper!) than formula? I'm excited for you guys!

Chatty Family said...

Welcome to toddlerhood Miss Pants! Yeah!!!!!!

Kimra Bham said...

I'm so happy for you... it does feel really good to get rid of doing the bottle/formula routine! yay-- this toddler thing is a blast, too-- you'll love it!!!!

lynsey said...

yep we totally remember you...jenna is beautiful! you guys got married 2 yrs. & 1 day after us...isn't christmas a crazy time to get married? but fun though. thanks again for answering the posting. you are awesome!
ps-we are totally jealous you live cali. ben's favorite place in the world is la jolla. someday when we are tramillionaires we will retire there.

Amy Franklin said...

I miss Jenna's "rar"! How come there are all these changes right after I left?!?!?!? I can't take it!!!!