P.S. We do not watch the Sarah Conner Chronicles, that title was in honor of Glenn!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Foodinator: The Jenna Barnes Chronicles
To quote Jake, "I love food." But lately, when it comes to feeding Jenna, food is stressing me out. I still give her baby food because at her nine-month check-up the doctor encouraged it because Jenna had a significant drop on the weight chart. She has loved her fruit/yogurt/cereal mix for breakfast and her sweet potatoes and chicken with apples, etc. .... until about 4 days ago. She rejects everything, even her bottle. I have about three bowls sitting in my fridge full of different concoctions that she has turned down. I do give her bits of regular food, too - bread, cheese, pears - but most of the time she takes each piece, one by one, and lines it up in the crack of her high chair or throws it over the side. As a result, I am constantly worrying about how much food she's eating. If she cries during the day, my immediate thought is, "She's hungry!" In desperation, I called my sister yesterday. She barely got a "Hello?" out before I said, "I'm frustrated!" She had some great ideas, as usual, and suggested that maybe Jenna is getting another tooth or perhaps she doesn't want baby food anymore. I never thought of that. Melissa said to give her the spoon and see she what she does with it because maybe she just wants to feed herself. So, that's what I did. And here's what she did:

It was one BIG mess but she loved it. And since then, she has wanted a spoon at every meal. Melissa also suggested keeping a food log for a week because if even though she may barely eat anything one day, maybe she chowed down the next. And, lo and behold, for snack, she ate a whole can of peaches! Thanks, Missy.
P.S. We do not watch the Sarah Conner Chronicles, that title was in honor of Glenn!
P.S. We do not watch the Sarah Conner Chronicles, that title was in honor of Glenn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ahh, food. Your best friend, your worst enemy. You are doing a great job with her. And Glenn will love that title!
Amazing! The things I am learning from you and I don't even have any kids to practice on! ugh, but that is great that she is eating and growing up!
Post a Comment