
Friday, I felt like Superwoman because for some reason, I had a lot of energy and motivation to get things done. I put Jenna in the stroller and rolled her out to the car so I could clean out all of the used wipes, diapers, credit card offers and other junk mail, puzzle pieces, sweatshirts and the clothes I bought for Jenna three days ago. Then I washed, folded, and put away two loads of laundry, made the bed with clean sheets, started my first attempt at crockpot cooking, paid our rent, read a chapter in my library book and went for a walk to the park with Jenna. Whew! Why can't I get that many things done everyday? My crockpot dinner turned out great. I cooked pork, potatoes, carrots, celery, apples and even threw in a bay leaf! It was very yummy. Yesterday, we volunteered at the elementary school down the street for a community service called "Friends and Families for Schools." We had a lot of fun raking, sweeping and pruning with our ward. Tonight I am making potato cheese soup - another attempt at making something other than pasta, burritos or chicken. And, of course, Jake is really loving this new interest I have in cooking. Tomorrow? Gingersnap Pot Roast.

Jenna is all over the place now. When I lay her down to change her diaper, I have to have the diapers and wipes ready and give her something to hold, otherwise she's flipped over, crawled her naked booty across the room and standing up at something before I know it. Her favorite thing to pull up on is a Leap Frog learning table someone gave us. We are really having fun with her. She cracks up when Grandma plays hide-n-seek with her and loves to bite the head off of her new baby doll.

3 comments:
Hey I would love to always have productive days like that with tons of energy. And I would love to have your recipes of your new crockpot dinners! I am always trying to find something good to make in ours other than beef stew or a roast. So the soup sounds tasty! I love you and I check your blog almost every day! haha
Cute! You've been tagged, go to my site to see what I mean!
Sounds like we both had a productive day! LOVE the pictures of Jenna pants. Stop growing up, Jenna! Love you!
Post a Comment