Saturday, November 17, 2007
Deja vu
I hated junior high. It was an awkward, random two years thrown in there between elementary school and high school where I was trying to figure out who I wanted to be. I was so glad to get to high school and start the next phase of my life. So why does it feel like I'm in junior high all over again? Once again I feel like I'm in an awkward, random stage in my life and trying to figure out who I am and where I belong. I'm not a teenager but I'm not a mature, 30-something adult whose established and done having kids. I'm stuck between two worlds: sometimes I act and feel like I should be going to Young Women's but I find myself in Relief Society, wanting to have something in common with the other ladies who are all at least a decade older than I am. I guess this phase, like junior high, just has to be endured. I hope it doesn't last two years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jill I know exactly what you mean. When we moved to our first "family ward" in CT, I felt the same way...it was rough. Now that we are in Iowa and back to a young married ward I feel like, "ahh, that's better." I think it helps to have lots of people your age around. I still feel like that sometimes though, maybe it's our age? Mid-20's awkward stage maybe? haha
Post a Comment