Friday, September 25, 2009

10:20pm - 1:39am

Nurse, burp, change diaper, snuggle, swaddle, turn out the light, crawl into bed, hopes are high, whine whine whine, turn on the light, unswaddle, check diaper, change diaper, bounce bounce bounce, search for paci, swaddle, lay down, turn out the light, cry cry cry cry, wait, more crying, turn on the light, change diaper, nurse, burp burp burp, cry cry cry, wake up Jake, bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce, turn out the light, crawl into bed, hopes are high, cry cry cry CRY, nurse, burp, bounce, whine, bounce, whine, bounce, whine, change diaper (the girl can poo!) feeling tired, feeling desperate, get the hair dryer, works like a charm. Asleep at last (until 4:20 am)! This picture was not taken in the middle of the night.

8 comments:

lynsey said...

uhhhhhhh. have totally been there. totally! hopefully it doesn't get as bad for you as it did for me because i got swallowed up for a couple of weeks in it. but remember, like everyone told me, and i'll tell you,

this too shall pass.

hang in there! i feel your pain!

Unknown said...

Feeling your pain. We haven't had a nite like that since the hospital but with Piper having croup, let's just say that sleep was rare this last week.

I'm holding out for using the paci until Simon's six weeks. I'm tempted sometimes to use it but Piper self-weaned at four months and I partially chalk it up to the paci. That, bottle-feeding, and low milk supply on my part.

Here's hoping you get a nap today or at least some more shuteye tonight.

Diana said...

Oh man, I wish I could come watch Jenna so you could sleep all day! Yuck, but at least you know it will get better. I remember when you told me that if you knew the craziness would end at 6 weeks, you would have cherished that newborn time and that TOTALLY helped me. I just had to keep reciting your wise words to me! Good luck!

Glenn Franklin said...

...you are referring to the baby, right? Not quite sure from the description...

Unknown said...

Your description made me feel like I was THERE! hehe Love you

Sami said...

Ok, I've had to do that six times and I've NEVER heard of using a hair dryer. Please explain that one to me.

Kimra Bham said...

ahhhh.... life with a newborn :) Glad to hear you found something that works!! ;) Hopefully you can get a NAP!!!

Tony and Traci said...

I am a recent member to this club. Not so fun. Congratulations on your little girl. She is beautiful. She looks a lot like Jenna.