Saturday, June 6, 2009

I think I'm gonna like it here!

Reasons I love Ohio:

  • We live 15 minutes from some of my most favorite people which means...
  • Free babysitting! Emma and Leah actually put Jenna down to bed one night when we were at their house glued to the Cavs game. Sweet!

  • The people who lived here before us left a swiffer mop, extra lightbulbs, salt and pepper shakers and paper plates. Oh yeah, and a glass chess set.

  • The couple who lives upstairs is really cool and we want to be friends with them. They also brought us warm banana bread today.

  • The city we live in has the coolest library which Jenna and I will be frequenting often when Jake is gone all day at school and it's too hot to be outside.

  • Aldi. I just bought a dozen eggs for 79 cents. And cereal for $1.59. That's regular price.

  • Summer storms.

  • Ever faithful Cavs fans (a.k.a. Glenn, Amy & Andrew)

  • The people who live next door get drunk every Friday night as they sit outside around their fire pit. Mike is currently singing The Star-Spangled Banner. Should I stand up?

  • The trees!

  • The bunnies (No, dad. Not those bunnies) and various other wildlife that hop through neighborhoods.

  • Tree lawns and the fact that, on garbage night, people leave all kinds of stuff on them - free for the taking! Today I saw bed. Yesterday I saw a complete dining room table.

  • Lake Erie is 5 minutes away.

  • We do not have to mow our lawn, shovel our long driveway in the winter or walk outside to get our mail.

  • Did I mention these guys?

Just to put it in perspective: I have not lived near my oldest sister since she left for college when I was in 4th grade. So Amy, when you start wishing we'd move back to California (like after we spend every other night at your house during the playoffs and stay until midnight) just remember that I have 16 years of lost time to make up!

P.S. I can't find my camera battery charger, thus the lack of pictures and posts and the reason I have to steal pictures from my sisters' blogs.

9 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

You almost had some free babysitting tonight...Emma said she wanted to go over, but she was too afraid to call. And I wouldn't mind if you were here till midnight every night! Ok, I'll admit it was nice to go to bed at 11 pm instead of 12 am! So glad you're here--it is a dream come true. And oh yeah, I have to look for that charger! I love you!!!

Kersey said...

I can't find my charger either! But even if I did have it, I probably wouldn't be posting any more often than I am. Sad, but true.

Glenn Franklin said...

Cavs fans can be changed to Cleveland fans, Browns fans, Indians fans depending on the time of the year and the quality of the teams.

Emily Kern said...

What a fun upbeat post! I have always thought I would enjoy the mid west! Have a great time! Jenna is getting so big and your belly is so cute!

Camille said...

Yeah, whatever, we still miss you tons. Glad you're having a great time though. And just because you live near family now does not mean you can let the blog slip- I miss your updates and fun posts. :)

How's baby treatin' you?

Tony and Traci said...

Aldi is a great place. We have one near my parents house and Tony just about freaked when he saw it. They had them on his mission and he shopped their all the time. Plus you never have to worry about getting your car dinged up because people really want the quarter back. I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves.

Unknown said...

Great list! I can't compete with that. Love ya

Brooke said...

Yes. You are going to like it here like me! I wish I could babysit like Emma and Leah. In a few years I can! Summer is here and it is so fun so far! Love ya!

Leah said...

I am glad you like it here in Ohio! It is so awesome here and you make it even more enriched with awesomeness!