The move out here couldn't have gone smoother. Jake and his brother set a new record and made it to Ohio in about two and half days. That's in a moving van. Towing a car. If it hadn't been for Nebraska, which I understand is the worst state to drive through, they would have been here in a day and half! And everything survived the drive, including my dishes. It was fun to unpack and rediscover things that have been packed away while we lived at Jake's parents house. Our house is awesome. It's old and creaky and I've only got about an arm's length of countertop space but it's updated and clean and has great features. My favorite is the screened-in porch out back. Jenna will love playing out there when it's warm but raining. That's something that has taken some getting used to. When it rains in California, it's usually a little cooler. But tomorrow, for example, the forecast calls for 80 degrees and thunderstorms. No sweaters required. There's so much more to write about but the Cavs are playing and we're up by 8. Yeah, we're officially Ohioans.
8 comments:
your Cavs comment jinxed my team....
Glad to hear things are going great. How's the new ward? Got callings yet?? :0)
It's good to hear that you're loving life there, and that the move went well. Keep the updates a-comin'!
Those are some pretty sweet moves Jenna's got goin' on. I'm glad that you guys had a good move out there. I agree Nebraska is the worst state to drive. It almost makes one not want to have corn anymore...almost.. You'll have to post pictures of your new place when it is put together.
I am so happy for you guys! Jenna is so adorable and looks so happy in all of the pictures. Congratulations on everything!! How are you feeling?
Glad to hear it all went smoothly. That's awesome that you get to be closer to family now. It'll be a blast! Keep pictures of all your new adventures coming-- they're always fun to hear about! :)
I think at least once a day Ryan or I saw something and then one of us will say "dumb jill (or jake). . .why'd they have to move". We're still not over it yet! I guess we'll get over it someday, but not yet! Glad everything went well though and I'm glad you guys love your house! Thanks a ton for those pictures by the way, they are so cute!!! And I don't think we have ANY pics together, how did that happen? Well, now that this is the longest comment ever, I will let you go! We miss you guys!!!!!
It looks like you are having fun. I am glad that you get to be so close to family!
Post a Comment