Monday, May 4, 2009

Last day in Californ-i-a

Made my last trip to the Grocery Outlet to get snacks for the plane and "bro trip." Gonna miss that place and Ross, In-n-Out, Papa Murphy's and these guys, too. But can't wait to be close to these guys. Glad we went to the beach one last time in March. Wish it hadn't rained this weekend so we could have gone again. The house is a Mess with a capital M. I need to do laundry but I just ate a package of cookies instead. Talked to Mom. Cried. Realized it may be a looooong while before I get to come home. Never been away from home for longer than 4 months at a time. Realized this baby will be born in Ohio. When my children go to college they will have to say they are from Ohio. I think I'm okay with that but I might put a palm tree sticker on the car just to keep it real. Looking forward to Ci-Ci's Pizza and four seasons. I really don't mind the snow. What's this summer going to be like when it's 100 degrees with 100% humidity and I'm 100% pregnant? Jenna is so excited to "live to Ohio in diff'rent house." She'll have her own seat on the plane for the first time. What snacks should I pack? Should I put her in a pull-up for the trip? It would be pretty cramped and germy if I tried to take her to the bathroom on the plane. I'm getting bigger. Much bigger, it feels like. Especially after those cookies. My sisters are going to see me huuuuuuuuge. What if I don't pass the Ohio driver's test? Wish I would have spent more time with my family and friends. Can't wait to see the art show at the elementary school on Wednesday that my sister is in charge of. Can't wait to see our new house my sisters found for us! Gonna have to get a shower curtain and some bath mats and eventually a new bed for Jenna. Jenna.... I love it when she falls asleep on me at naptime. I love the way she smells, even when she stinks. And when she asks me to "scrub" her tummy and the way her one little ringlet in the back of her head fits perfectly around my finger. She's growing out of her 2T pants. They need to make a size 2 1/2 T. She's been wanting to take her "square" (a little blanket she's attached to) everywhere including the Grocery Outlet. (Gross). I wonder if it's for some consistency amongst all this chaos. Glad she's taking a good nap today. Hope someone calls about that stuff on craigslist. Going to call Jake about getting Papa Murphy's one last time tonight. Worried about him and Garrett making that long drive across the country. Hope they like the junk food I got for them today. Didn't fall asleep last night until 1:20 or so..... feeling it now. Really want to go watch Oprah but really need to put that load of laundry in and finishing packing for tomorrow. Next time I blog it will be from Ohio! Until then, some more cutie pictures of Jenna Pants.

Heeeeeeey!

10 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Can't wait till you get here!

Diana said...

We're really not happy about this move Jill. . .and thanks for putting up the picture where I look like an absolute whale! I love the "Heeey" Jenna pic, too cute!

Unknown said...

So are you saying we have to move to Ohio for us to be neighbors someday? ....I mean kids going to college and all makes it sound like you will never leave. :)

Have a great, safe trip! All of you.

PS I will email you about Chicago, but it might be a crazy email.

Glenn Franklin said...

So the rain just will get you used to Ohio. Let the fun begin....

Alicia said...

We're going to miss you guys (even though we don't really see you, but still!). Good luck with all the traveling and mixed emotions and all. And you're not huge. Look at my last pregnancy pic if you wanna feel better. :) Let us know all about the move and getting settled into your new house and getting to play with your sisters all the time. Everything will work out, no worries!

Sami said...

Ok, you got me all choked up. NOT FAIR!! We'll miss you a ton. Be safe, have fun and remember there are always people back in California thinking about you.

Oh ya, go for the pull up! Make your life that much easier. Stickers are good for planes, at least they were for Jaime when she was Jenna's age.

Love, love and all that!

lynsey said...

best of luck with the move! you look beautiful & so does your daughter. love that picture of her ringlet. and i also love that you wrote down all of your thoughts. reminds me of myself during moving time. my brain going a hundred miles an hour when my body should be. can't wait to hear how ohio turns out!

Brooke said...

I can't wait till you get here!! I can't wait to be you too! You are one of my #1!! Miss you! Can't wait for u 2 b out here.

Tony and Traci said...

You will do just fine in Ohio. I can sympathize with you on the whole state change. I know Michigan probably isn't very cool to most people, but I was sad when I had to surrender my license and plates. It really feels like they are taking your identity away, but you'll make good memories there and you won't notice it much anymore. Good luck!

Rachel Holloway said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS! I can't wait to hear where exactly you moved. Drop me a line, via email or whatever if you ever want to get together. You know we are here and ready to have fun!