Notice anything about this Pull-up? 
Yep. It's dry.
Yep. It's dry.
I don't know even know how it happened.
Jenna usually wears a Pull-up at nap and bedtime but one night she asked if she could wear her undies. I totally hesitated, knowing full well that I'd be changing sheets that night and probably for several more nights to come. But what the heck. Gotta do it sometime, right? She had no problem staying dry at naptime but it did take about four or five nights until she finally caught on.
And it has changed my life.
Do you know how awesome it is not to smell nasty Pull-ups every morning? Or to not wipe her bum when she wakes up to try to wipe the stench away? Or to not buy Pull-ups? FREEDOM.
I really didn't think this day would come for another year or so and I'm so proud of her for doing it all on her own.
Continuing on about Jenna...
I've kind of been obssessed with her lately and I need to tone it down a bit (or a lot). She always starts off the night on our bed because she'll wake up Callie with her singing and playing. Most nights, I haven't moved her to her own bed. I like how the bed is already warm because she's wrapped up in all three of her "special pink and white blankets" - one around her head, one around shoulders, one down the length of her. I like she looks so cute my little puppy. But one night she told me she can't fall asleep because she needs a little bit of snuggling and I realized I could be starting a bad habit. Darn it. To your bed, Jen.
She also continues to say the funniest/weirdest/randomest things. Like, "Follow the ugly" to the tune of Follow the Prophet. Or "Mom, Carlee sent me a text messwhen she's sleeping and how she rolls over to me in her sleep. She's like age on my phone. She said we could sing 'Happy Birthday.'" Or "Mom, when I grow up I can be a mom and we can both be the mommy and Callie can be the baby and we can live together and we can both be the moms." Or, "I love Amy, I love A-Amy" to the tune of Dynamite. Or when I asked her if she was ready and she said, "As I'll ever be!"
Sticking a tissue up her nose to "catch the snot." Pretty smart, huh?
She's pretty funny, that's for sure. I sorta like having her around.
5 comments:
Only 3 and already into texting???
Yikes! But rave on all you want! I love hearing about her!!
I love Jenna, I love Je-enna, I love Jenna, I love Jenna!! ☺
that was emma
Awesome! I am still trying to get Tyler not to have accidents at bedtime. Good for you Jenna!
What a cute girl!!! Oh, staying dry through the night is SO nice!! Yay for you guys, and way to go Jenna! It took me forever to get Drew to be able to do that!!
Post a Comment