Well, after my downer of a post last week, I should mention that the rest of the week has been rather nice. We had a very nice weekend with minimal problems or battles. Saturday I baked four loaves of bread (don't be impressed; they were for the Scout Spaghetti Dinner) and Jake and Jenna planted purple tulips out front for me. Sunday, we were actually on time for church and no one cried. A successful day in my book!
Some other happenings:
I had a conversation of sorts with Callie at naptime.
Me: Callie are you ready for bed?
C: Doh (no).
Me: Do you want to snuggle?
C: Doh.
Me: Do you love Jenna?
C: Doh.
Me: Did you mean yes?
C: nods head
Me: Do you love Daddy?
C: nods head
Me: Do you love Mommy?
C: nods head
Me: Are you ready for bed?
C: Doh.
Kisses

Digging holes



Her favorite hangout
Some other things regarding Callie - she is totally done with bottles and formula and only drinks whole milk from a sippy cup. Not even the lactose-free milk we started her on! I guess she grew out of the whole lactose intolerant thing. Whatever the case, it's liberating not to mix a bottle every four hours. She's still not walking. I think she may be waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to come in December so they can see her first steps. Either way, I'm cool with it.
Jenna told me the other day how to make hot chocolate. "We could mix a little bit of water with some rootbeer and stir it all up and put it the microwave for two minutes and it would be a little bit hot but we could blow on it and it would be sooooo good. Do you like that, Mom?" Ummm....
Today was her halloween party at preschool. She dressed as Cinderella, of course. We've been watching the movie all week long (thanks to the Lovingers for sending it home with us!) A few weeks ago, she was quoting some lines and then began to sing, "Sing sweet nigh-ightmare, sing sweet nigh-ightmare."
We went for a drive through the metroparks this week to admire all the colors. I got some fun pictures and I'm trying to figure out what I can do with them instead of thinking ten years from now, "Why'd I take so many pictures of leaves?" Oh well. In the meantime, enjoy the pics of my peeps.
2 comments:
Of course Callie is waiting for us.
She knows who will make the biggest deal out of it!!!
Love the pics, but where's Jenna as Cinderella???
We want to know if that thanks to us was a real thanks or sarcastic??? (: Glad she is enjoying it, she was the cutest Cinderella ever!
Post a Comment