Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Staycation Days 2 and 3

Yesterday was the highlight of the week. We stayed at the Radisson hotel in... drum roll please... AKRON, OHIO! It was a very nice room and we payed only $40 because we named our own price on priceline.com. We enjoyed the indoor pool (where Jake took a few pictures of me and Callie that will forever be locked away in the Barnes Family Photo Vault along with all pictures of me post-delivery. I was not ready to put on a swim suit, physically or emotionally and I will spare you the sight of my pasty, squishy self). Luckily, we had the pool to ourselves. Jenna warmed up right away and even went under water a couple of times. A couple pictures of the cuties: The bed was a sleep number bed but we couldn't quite figure it out and it felt more like an air mattress. But it was king-size and there was plenty of snuggle room for Jenna and our "party" as she called it. We went to the local Giant Eagle for snacks and told her she could pick out anything she wanted. I wasn't surprised that her choice came from the cereal aisle, but I was surprised that she picked Apple Jacks and declared them her favorite. This morning, we headed out to Lyndhurst to check out Eggshell Land. It was pretty awesome. The couple has been doing it for 52 years. In their driveway was this car:


So cute.

We got home just in time for playing outside, lunch and nap. Couldn't ask for a better couple of days.

Tomorrow's adventure might not be so fun: Jenna's first trip to the dentist (should I be embarrassed that she hasn't gone yet?)

3 comments:

Portia said...

What fun!! Can you keep that nice weather going through next week for us? Cant't wait!!!

Jonestown said...

How fun - great pictures - I want to go to eggshell land. Bobby had his first trip to the dentist in February we were told this is the best time to start them.

Shay said...

Fun, fun, how did you hear of eggshell land? Our kids went to the dentist today!!!!