It's no secret I'm a little homesick, but a cough that sounds like a seal's bark doesn't really remind me of the beach.It reminds me that my little gloworm is sick, sick, sick and I cringe every time I hear it.
Yep, Callie has croup. And an ear infection. And "questionable pnuemonia." She's on a mega-strength prescription antibiotic and we're doing a couple rounds of breathing treatments each day. A dose of this warm weather is also doing us some good. (It's 55 today and I was tempted to wear capris).
We've struggled this winter with cold after cold after cold. We blamed it on "new germs." But this is the last straw. I am so over winter and being sick and cooped up and crazy. Bring on the summer.
4 comments:
Are you a "glass half empty" person? If you were "home" (which is no longer home) you would be complaining about not being with your sisters. Which is worse?
I love that you call her your little gloworm, and she totally looks like one in this picture, I mean, look at those eyes, they are BE-A-UTIFUL! Seriously.
Good luck with the sickies, wish I could help, I hate when Ella just has a cough or an ear infection but all 3 of those things combined...hopefully next winter the new germs won't be so new anymore! Good luck and kiss those cheeks for me!
This reminds me of Becca who has had croup, pneumonia - twice by age 2, and continues to have a barky cough, sometimes with bronchitis. It's a lot tougher when they're young! Hang in there and know you aren't alone.
Ok Gloworm is the CUTEST nickname! I just love that picture of her. I am sorry she is really sick, I wish you well until spring gets there. Would it help if you moved to Texas and started having spring already..you can wear flip flops and capris here! ....Sorry I won't rub it in.
Post a Comment