Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Treats.

I really felt like the holiday treats my sister baked deserved their own post. She started days (weeks?) in advance baking enough cookies and fudge for Christmas and my niece's baptism. Our entire family was visiting for the festivities and so was her husband's side of the family so there were a lot of people ready to stuff their faces and she was ready for us!

An ordinary Rubbermade tote?

The motherlode.

Let's take a closer look at that goodness.

My personal favorite? I had two: The chocolate peppermint cookies and the doctored up cookies with craisins and cardamom. Oh, man. I ate about 20 pounds in cookies alone. Another 10 in fudge. Between the treats in the tote, and more treats, including a pumpkin cheese cake, at my other sister's house, I felt the decision to buy a treadmill was well-founded. But, that's another post.... Thank you for a sweet Christmas!

2 comments:

Glenn Franklin said...

So you are the reason that tote is empty!

Unknown said...

Wow your sister is dedicated!! I didn't get into the treat baking phase this year, I only made peanut brittle (Nov) and rice crispy treats (Dec). I'll have to try the weeks in advance treat tote!!