As expected, Jenna now loves anything and everything princess. She repeatedly requests "Pincess moh-nies" (princess movies), "Belle Baby" (the doll from Aunt Missy) and three other princess figurines passed down from her cousins are new bedtime must-haves and Cinderella appears to have been adopted as the fourth member of our family. The other morning for breakfast Jenna had "Cin-a-weh-wuh" and "Pink Pincess" at the table, facing each other and the three were carrying on some kind of conversation. I asked Jenna if she wanted special oatmeal (malt-o-meal) for breakfast and she said, "Yeah peese. Cin-a-weh-wuh? A besho ohmeal?" Apparently the princess wanted some, too. She loves to give them drinks of milk and bites of food. One day we went out to run some errands and Jenna wanted to bring along her purse. I handed it to her and she put Belle inside and the "wewoh pincess" accompanied us to the post office and grocery store.
Reading "Cheeka Cheeka" to the three of them at naptime.
I suppose it's a normal obsession and I figure every little girl goes through a princess/ballerina phase (the ballerina thing is almost as bad) but it sure is a pain when pink princess, the smallest of the three, can't be found at bedtime or Belle was left in the car and Jenna has to have all three to function properly. Slightly annoying. And I do draw the line at princess shoes. On the other hand, it works as great ammunition. "Jenna, it's time to get in your princess bed." "Jenna all princesses get their hair done everyday." "Jenna, Cinderella is waiting for you to get dressed!" etc., etc. And it makes planning her second birthday party easy - tiaras for everyone! (Just kidding. I draw the line there, too).
4 comments:
WHAT?!? No tiaras?? Jenna, you and Grandma need to talk!!
ahhh, the illness begins! i'm like you & hope to avoid the princess sickness for as long as possible. but i do like how you've used it to your advantage to get her to do stuff. nice moves!
yes brenda is my stepmom...it IS a small world! i can't believe he hung out with stephen. crazy! they are a great family, i seriously am so grateful that if i have to have a stepfamily, they are it.
This may sound crazy but now that I know I'm having a girl and I have been surrounded by cars, trucks, football, BLUE and all other things boy for the past 3 years... I'm so excited for the princesses, pink and purses! I can't help it.
You have no idea what your getting into... Bailey is just as obsessed!!! But its fun cause she is like my personal barbie doll and I get to dress her up sometimes too, it really draws the line when your daughter wants to where a blue Cinderella dress up dress to Costco... yeah... I've been there. How sad is that!!! I love ya girlie!!! Just remember to have fun with her.
Post a Comment