Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh, Mama! It's Obama! And other election results....

Last night was weird. I didn't really care for Obama or McCain but as I watched Obama win, I just felt kind of nervous. And I was hoping that all those people cheering for him weren't being deceived but that he really will bring good change to our country. I was reading an interview with him and his wife in Parents magazine (thanks Emma & Leah!) and they seemed like really great parents with good values who are trying to teach their daughters to be respectful citizens. I hope he brings that to the White House. I do have to admit that it's pretty cool that the next President will be African-American.

It's also pretty cool that it looks like Proposition 8 will pass, keeping marriage between a man and a woman! I've read that there are still millions of absentee ballots to count and problems arose while counting San Francisco ballots. Some news stations are reporting that it will be a couple of days before anything can be determined for sure. However, msnbc.com says 98% of precincts are reporting and it's 52% for Prop 8 and 48% against. It will be awesome if it really does pass!

My vote also goes out to Jenna as the cutest, funniest little girl. Oh wait, she ran uncontested! Hehe! Today we heard an airplane in the sky and she pointed to it and yelled, "AH-PAY!" When I asked her where the airplane was going she said, "Hi-o." I asked, "Who lives in Ohio?" And she replied, "Sydney! Macey! Sydney!" We've started babysitting a little baby in our ward whose mom is taking an English class at the junior college. She is from South America and doesn't speak much English so she's trying to learn (what a good example she is!) Jenna loves the baby and when he cries she says, "Ohhhh baby. Sad." And does this fake little crying face. It's so funny! She also loves to "cook." A few days ago she set up a very elaborate kitchen on the bench outside and was lifting the lids to her cookware and declaring it "hot." She's been doing this for a while but that day she got a little more creative with her ingredients which included leaves and a little bit of dirt. And yes, she is only wearing a shirt and crocs because that day she refused to wear a diaper or big girl undies! And yes, I cleaned up potty about 10 times that day. Story of my life these days..... cleaning up potty and getting songs like, "If you can read a-y AY! then you can read way and pay and can you can read ray and tray and you can read AY! C'mon give it a try all you need is a little a-y!" stuck in my head.

7 comments:

Portia said...

Nice outfit, Jenna. I think you should be the next food network star!

Emily Kern said...

Potty training will really knock any sense of control over a mom's life right out of her, but it sure is night and day compared to changing stinky diapers. Good luck! She is getting so big and I would have to agree, she is one cute little girl! I, too, am hoping that all will be well in DC. We'll see. See ya later! Its fun to read your posts! (I love the fork video!)

Mrs. Wallace said...

I agree 100%, I felt nervous as well! As for Jenna, she is adorable!

Rachel Holloway said...

YEAH FOR PROP 8!

I am excited to see what things are in store for us...just remember that God's hand is over all...and definitely in the running of this country. I hope we are all pleasantly surprised with the choice that was made.

Unknown said...

Yeah for Prop 8! That was our biggest concern. I love Jenna's new style...commando must be so nice when you can get away with it and people still think your cute and not perverted. hehe

Kimberly said...

Hey! I just watched Jenna dancing! Look at our blog! We need to get these two together!! Too cute!!

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

All I have to say is ditto. I felt nervous but at the same time an overwhelming feeling that I need to get busy living or get busy dying... and I've decided that Obama's got to have some good qualities so seeing as he is going to be our next president... I'm going to start focusing on the positive and hopefully it will be contagious. Look where our country is today after eight years of everybody critisizing Bush. I've spent the past few months listening and reading about the election through the most biased media... ever. SO maybe if even 10% of the positives that have been said of Barack is true... and 30% of the negatives are false... the sky really isn't falling :) K... I'm done venting :) P.S. Jenna made the cutest ballerina. Ever. SO CUTE!