Thursday, May 1, 2008

Last week I saw an ad on craigslist for a rummage sale in Fremont put on by the Fremont/Union City/Newark Mom's club. I was hoping to find a slide, some clothes for next year and some new toys to replace the ones Jenna seems to be bored with. So, I grabbed all the quarters laying around from our laundry mat days and went with high hopes. It was huge and everybody and their mother was there, which made it a little cramped but kind of exciting. I felt like a contestant on Supermarket Sweep, trying to scoop up the best deals before somebody else got to it first. Well, we didn't find a slide and the there wasn't much of a selection of clothes (although we did find some brand new Children's Place zip-up winter jammies for a $1 a piece!) but the amount of toys was unbelievable! I found Baby Einstein videos for a quarter each, a puzzle, a quiet book for church, a See-n-Say, a xylophone, an Ikea push toy thing, a phone (that thankfully has an "off" button!) and of course, Jake picked out a movie. Thanks to Grammy Barnes who bought most of it for us! As we were leaving, I felt like I needed to go back and get more, and I was worried I had overlooked something spectacular. It was kind of like when Old Navy marked all their clearance items an additional half off and my sisters and I went twice just to make sure we didn't miss anything! But we had a lot of fun and Jenna is in love with that Ikea toy (what is it even called?) She carries it while she makes her loop around the kitchen/hallway/living room and only rolls it on the kitchen floor.

6 comments:

Landon and Alaina said...

Sales are the best! I think you are always more satisfied when you know you got a steal of a deal!

Chatty Family said...

Oh yeah! A girl after my own heart! I hate that anxious feeling I get when i don't want to miss something. Looks like you did great! MISS YOU!!!!!!

Emily Kern said...

Good finds! I have been stalking your blog too. Its like a game of chicken to see who will admit it and comment first! You win! You have a darling family!

Jess H said...

Way cute blog! I found it when I was visiting a mutual friend's blog and had to check it out. I must agree, yard/rummage/garage sales are the best, aren't they?? You really DO find the best deals!

Rachel Holloway said...

HOORAY! What an awesome time! I love those kinds of bargain hunts...they are so wonderful and I feel like some amazing wonderwoman saving all that money!!!

YE-HAW!

Oh, and no, I wasn't roomies with Holly...why??

Unknown said...

Oh I want to go shopping with you! Great deal you got there. And is that Count of Monte Christo, that Jake bought?... awe such good memories during that movie for David and I (we 1st held hands at the CREDITS) :)