Monday, January 28, 2008

This weekend was a dark one. Literally. On Friday, as I was primping for a night out, the lights went out! Apparently running the hair dryer for long periods of time is not a good idea, especially when running two electric space heaters. I went all over the place looking for the fuse box but couldn't find it. Jake came home to a wife without make-up and with frizzy, half-dried hair, instead of the cutie I was trying to be. On top of all this, Jenna woke up screaming from her nap after only being asleep for 45 minutes. (She probably woke up after hearing me say, "OH MAN!" when the power went out). Jake found the fuse box (outside) but this place is so old that it has actual fuses, instead of breakers. He didn't know what to do about that. So, we shrugged it off, decided to wait until morning and managed to leave for Outback by 6:30 (for some reason the oven and our bedroom light still worked so I brought a mirror into the kitchen and did my make-up by the light of the stove). Sorry, Melissa, no pictures of my "hot self" because I was not as "hot" as I wanted to be. Jake ordered baby back ribs and BBQ chicken and I ordered tilapia with sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts - quite possibly the best meal I've ever had at any restaurant! On Saturday, I was straightening up the kitchen and turned around to find Jenna like this:
That little squirt! She is always pulling things out of cabinets! It's hard to find the motivation to straighten up! We took her to Stake Conference on both Saturday and Sunday and she was so well-behaved. She loved the nice old man sitting next to us and when we all sustained the prophet, apostles, etc., she raised her hands too, thinking everyone was doing "so big!" She can also walk holding onto just one hand. She's getting closer! I'm sure by her birthday she'll be running around.

5 comments:

Monette and Mark said...

What a bummer the lights went out while you were getting ready for your night out. My e-mail is fishygirl03@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Tony and Traci said...

That's never very fun. I'm glad that you guys had a good time. Sorry I wasn't there this morning. I had to work. Which, normally, I would be kinda bummed about, but I am actually getting decent hours this week so I can't complain. I am off on wednesday and friday morning so I will see you then :)

Unknown said...

That stinks, but I know you still looked great. (I would have loved to see you getting ready by the stove, very resourceful)
And yes, Jenna is getting so big, she will be a year old here in less than a month, that is CRAZY!

Aggieland Mom said...

I love Outback. I love to dip their bloomin onion in ranch. MMMmmm! We get lots of power outages here but because of ice storms... doing makeup in candlelight isn't very easy. Way to go, setting up shop at the stove! haha! Wow, you guys eat healthy cereal...Kashi is defintely NOT in my cereal cupboard. Good for you! =)

Kimberly said...

We just watched your monkey video.... andHannah couldn't stop laughing! Too cute! Oh, and Ben and i love outback too.... aussie cheese fries.....