Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I don't really have anything to blog about today and yet here I am. Mostly, I'm trying to keep myself from rummaging through the fridge. Jake and I started the Abs diet yesterday and I am hungry, despite the fact that we get to eat six times a day. There is a pan of brownies over there calling my name, even though I just had two scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream (it's allowed!) Must keep typing, must keep typing.

Jake is gone for the night in Fremont. I thought I would enjoy the time alone but I'm bored (which is probably contributing to my tendency to scrounge for junk food) and a person can only stand so many episodes of CSI. There's nothing interesting on Craigslist, either. Well, there was that Juicy Couture purse for $140. Ha! It also doesn't help that it rained all day today and we were without a car which led to some very silly antics on my part. At least it made Jenna laugh! At one point, she was on her knees and literally fell over backwards from laughing. We both ended up on the floor cracking up. I think I'd be pretty embarassed if anyone ever saw how weird/crazy/silly Jenna and I (okay, just I) can be. I can't believe she is going to be one next month. I know a year isn't a long time but it has gone by way too fast. She will be going to nursery this summer. That is so weird. It's very fun to watch her learn new things everyday. She tries so hard to repeat what Jake and I say. She stares at our mouths as we say, "Quack, quack" or "spoon." She has also been waving hi and bye a lot this week. She waved bye bye to our neighbor and even put her hand over her mouth to blow a kiss. She's never done that before!

Okay, it's almost 11 which means I survived the urge to splurge on those brownies and I can go to bed and spare you all any further boredom with this post.

2 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

Jilly, these are the posts I love best! I totally remember feeling the same way--that no one would believe how crazy I was being with the kids. That is so funny. Only a couple of page turns in the planner till we get there.....
Luv, Amy

Unknown said...

LOOOOOOVE the new layout!! And sorry I will be updating today, I am actually on hold at the moment with the storage locker place! I am loosing patience!