Monday, January 21, 2008


I was called to be a Relief Society instructor yesterday. Not sure how I feel about this considering I shook through the whole lesson the last time I taught. I'm sure it will be a great experience. Callings always end up that way.... scary at first, fun in the end. I also discovered yesterday that someone in our ward holds a workout class at the church three mornings a week. I am very excited about this! So now my week will look like this:
Monday: Workout at 9am
Tuesday: Playgroup at 11am
Wednesday: Storytime at the library 10:30am
Thursday: Babysit Brandon 9am
Friday: Workout at 9am
It will be so nice to have something to do every day of the week! There are also a few really interesting classes through the City of Modesto that I want to take. Water Aerobics is at the top of my list but there is also a photography class, some computer classes and yoga. They are a couple nights a week and pretty inexpensive!

We got a call from Jake's mom yesterday. She is having surgery on Wednesday to remove a lump in her breast. She got a blessing from Jake's dad and brother and seems very calm. We don't know much else at this point.

Jenna is loving her sippy cup. I think in the next little bit we will be able to completely do away with the bottle! Yeah! No more formula! No more liners! She also has been standing up on her own more often. She is getting more confident at letting go of things. She loves this monkey (named "Ricky") from Jake's aunt Tanya that makes monkey noises when its squeezed and she tries to mimick the sound. And last but not least, she has a new tooth that she cut while we were in Ohio. So now she's got four on the bottom and two on top!

1 comment:

Amy Franklin said...

How come it seems like Jenna has changed drastically in just a week?!?! I have a feeling she will be walking by the time we get there. I am excited for your full week--it is good to keep busy. It helps the time until Jake gets home from work go by so much faster!! Luv you, Amy