Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's Like My iPod's Stuck on Replay, Replay

Anyone else feel like all they do is hear and say the same things over and over? Here's a sample of our playlists:
Can I watch a show?
Can I have a gum?
Mom, get me some princess crackers.
But I want to!
Nooo... I want to wear this shirt!
Mom, the floor's wet. I had an accident.
I want Daddy.
But I caaaaaaaan't.
What time is it?
Can you read me a book?
Can I do a project?
Can I use my scissors?
Can I do my make-up?
Where's my wipstick?
I'm hungry.
No.
Not right now.
How about, May I have some crackers please?
You need to get your potty in the toilet next time.
Come on! We gotta go!
What was Mommy's answer?
You already know the answer (variation on a theme...)
That is unacceptable.
I put you on the naughty chair because....
Stop whining. Use your words.
Don't touch that.
Follow me.
Stay where I can see you.
That doesn't sound nice.
We don't do that.
Watch out.
After I feed Callie.
Jenna, we just had dinner.
Close your eyes and go to sleep. Right now.

Ugh. It's like na na na na every day but it ain't no melody. Most days I just repeat the same old answers to the same old questions and I know it's gotta be annoying. Shoot, I annoy myself. I should cut Shorty some slack though because it's not like that all the time. She is pretty cute when she belts out Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A." while she watches herself dance or says, "Mom, give me a kiss of true love" (thank you Sleeping Beauty). Not a problem, Jenna.

I'll kiss that face as much as you'll let me. But if you ask for Tinkerbell fruitsnacks one more time, I might just stick my fingers in my ears.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Have you been listening in on my conversations with Gracie? 'Cause that's pretty much how our days go too. Ahhhh! But, like you said, they're awfully cute and definitely worth it all!

Portia said...

I'll take her I'll take her I'll take her I'll take her I'll take her I*'ll take her I'll take her I'll take her I'll take her I'll take her I'll take her I'll take her send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me send her to me get me out there get me out there get me out there get me out there get me out there get me out there get me out there get me out there get me out there get me out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!