Sunday, December 27, 2009

Callie Callie Sue, I love you.

Seriously. Isn't she the cutest newborn you know? I mean, really. Those cheeks! They are yummy. You should see her other cheeks - they're just as cute. Today was her blessing day which was extra special because Grandma and Grandpa Brooks are here. I was a little stressed (ok, am I ever just a little stressed? No.) about this morning only because Sunday mornings are always rushed and chaotic and I didn't want the day to go down like that. Plus, we were having all our family over for lunch afterwards and I just wanted things to be organized and go smoothly. I'm happy to report that I was ready at 8:30, there were only a few minor tantrums and we left for church at 10:30, a full 30 minutes before it started. Callie wore the same dress Jenna and I wore for our blessings, a special bracelet my sister made for Jenna's blessing and my mom made that gorgeous sweater for her (which actually made me tear up a bit - she did such a good job on it and it fit perfectly). Callie was a bit fussy right before Jake took her up, but quieted down while the guys bounced her in the circle. Jake did a great job and didn't seem nervous at all. Afterwards, we partied it up with a feast of meatballs, cheese, meat, hummus, crackers, hot wings, veggies, salsa salad, apples and carmel dip. Love my little C and today just made me so happy.

3 comments:

Diana said...

She is the cutest...I mean those eyes, seriously? And those cheeks...I want to eat them. I love babies in their blessing gowns, so precious! You look great by the way, how's Callie doing? Sleeping? Eating? Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!!!

Mattson Family said...

Congrats! So glad things went well. She is just a little doll!!

Jonestown said...

Beautiful post! Congratulations on the successful day! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby (a few days ago) Miss you tons.