Yep, we did it. We waited until the last possible minute but we finally got our Ohio driver's licenses. I was reluctant for a few reasons:
1) I didn't want to give up my California license
2) I haven't taken a driving test in 10 years
3) Memories of long lines, grumpy employees and non-English speaking people trying to prove they can read English road signs.
I thought we were in for it when the first lady who "greeted" us said, "What are you here for?" without moving a muscle on her face then directed us out the door to another office. I thought we were in further trouble when my lazy eye made it difficult to see the first set of numbers during the vision test - closing one eye helped and I passed. Jake and I both passed the written test and returned to our original point of entry to get our pictures taken. Grumpy employee #2 asked a series of questions, including how much we weigh. (Um... now? Or normally?) then took our California licenses without even letting us have a moment of silence. We got our pictures taken (gross) and were outta there within 45 minutes. Nice. When I pointed out to Jake that with our new licenses and with our newly acquired Ohio plates we had nothing left of California, he put his hand over his heart and said, "Always right here" (and then I laughed... really hard).
5 comments:
I shed a tear. Seriously.
Oh where do I begin to mourn with you....
Congrats though, and they do take your old license quickly. Do I dare confess that we scanned our old licenses so I could look back and remember the days before Texas pride set in?
Also David has changed the name of the DMV places and calls them Leper Colonies! Thank goodness for online renewals, we never have to set foot in a long line or talk to grumpy people!!
And Jake you really did leave your heart in San Francisco didn't you? :)
Are your licenses pink? I renewed mine in July and I think that the pink is just strange.
"You can take a person out of California, but you can't take California out of a person."
-Sami Louise Thompson
Getting the OH drivers liscense is a big deal, good for you guys. I was so scared having to do the drivers test all over again, you passed right?? j/k
Post a Comment