Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gimme mo' cookie dough

Last time my nieces were over, I promised we would make cookies the next time they came. So last week I made good on my promise and, using the Ghirardelli chocolate chips I got on clearance for $1.48, I figured we'd double the recipe on the back of the package (can't go wrong with Ghirardelli, right?) I needed cookies to celebrate a birthday at church and I wanted to take some upstairs to our neighbor who just graduated with her master's degree. I also thought it would be good to freeze some just to have on hand. So, the baking began....
Yeah, I let them eat all that. What can I say? I'm their aunt. That cookie dough was goooooooooooooood and man! there was a ton of it! Unfortunately, the actual cookies completely flopped. They were thin as tortilla chips and so hard to get off the sheet. It doesn't help that our oven lacks a digital temperature feature. We basically guess as we turn the dial and hope we get the temp right. As a result, some cookies were burned, then after a minor adjustment, they weren't completely cooked. Bottom line and moral of the story: cookie dough should just be eaten, not made into cookies.

1 comment:

Jonestown said...

I rarely bake them! Hope all is well.