- Watching TV a little bit louder in the evening because Jenna is sleeping at Aunt Missy's house
- Sleeping in until 9:30 because Jenna is also spending the day at Aunt Missy's house
- Enjoying Jake's homemade pancakes, scrambled eggs and fresh peaches without cutting any of it into toddler size bites or worrying about syrup dripping onto the floor under the table (okay, sometimes Jake does that but at least he can clean up after himself)
- Not cleaning up homemade pancakes, scrambled eggs and fresh peaches or washing any associated dishes
- Taking my time to get ready for the day without feeling guilty that Jenna is watching TV while I do so and without sharing a small bathroom space
- Taking a leisurely drive around our new town with the windows rolled down
- Enjoying a perfect 71-degree day
- Enjoying uninterrupted conversation with Jake
- Dipping my McDonald's fries into a chocolate milkshake (it's no In-N-Out, but when it's all you've got.... call it love, right?)
- Taking a stroll through the Metro Park without pushing a stroller and having a free hand to hold Jake's
- Browsing the aisles at Pat Catans Crafts (with no complaining from Jake)
- Having Jake take my hand on the way home from picking up Jenna and saying, "I needed that."
With about 4 inches less hair. Feels so good - thanks, Mom!
Meeeeeee, too.
Thanks Nate, Melissa, Sydney, Macey, Porter and Jake for the perfect, most relaxing weekend.
3 comments:
How fun! I'm glad that you guys got some free time to spend together. I bet its nice to have family in town to take the kids for a little get away.
Most often the best gift don't involve money of any kind, just kindness worth more than any kind of money.
that is perfect. I think I will need an Aunt Missy someday. :)
Post a Comment