a lot. Some days, it's non-stop chatter. And at the end of the day, I usually can't remember all that she comes up with. But after telling my sister a few of the funny things she has said recently, a few more came to mind and I wanted to write (type) them down before I forget. (And I also don't want to start the cleaning that needs to be done....)
Every night at bedtime, I ask Jenna what her favorite part of the day was. She usually says, "Daddy home" meaning when Daddy came home. But every once in a while she'll throw in something else. The other night she was talking in her own language and I didn't understand anything except, "So cute." I asked her who was so cute and she said, "Macey. So cute." I asked her who else? "Sydney." She continued to name all her cousins and declare them "so cute." I must say that I do agree.
Last night, actually this morning at about 4:02, she woke up crying. I think she might have been a little cold. So I went into her room, turned up her heater and picked her up to calm her down a little bit. We sat in the rocker for a few minutes and when she stopped crying I stood up to put her back in bad. As soon as I lifted my bum off the chair she said, "No bed, Mommy! Wocky wock." Interpretation: "No bed, Mommy! Rocky rock." I started laughing, despite how tired and delirious I was. How could I say no to that? We snuggled for a few minutes and she fell back asleep.
A few days ago, Jenna, my mom and I were visiting my grandma. Grandma has one of those walkers with a seat on it and after pushing it around the house for a while, Jenna decided she wanted to sit on it. She got one of Grandma's dolls and a stuffed bear and the three of them sat happily as the adults chatted. Suddenly, out of nowhere Jenna says, "Oh gosh!" It took us all by surprise and then we just laughed. Hysterically.
That's all I can think of now. I'm too distracted by the dirty dishes and six loads of laundry that need to be done. Don't think I'm messy. I've been saving it all for today, the day Jake's brother gets here. Because I knew cleaning a couple of days ago would have pointless. The house would have been messy again by today anyway. Here's a courtesy photo.
7 comments:
"Oh gosh" I could just eat her up!
Get out here!!!!
We LOVE Jenna!! Have fun in Ohio!
She sure is a cutie and getting very big! I hope you are doing well and we miss you here in Turlock.
I love those cute little moments! Amen to the cleaning idea, my house goes only an hour or two before it's completely upset again.
Jill, I love your posts - they are so cute & hilarious. It makes me miss you a lot. Your daughter is adorable. Have a Merry Christmas.
I miss you!!
Post a Comment