Friday, December 5, 2008

A few weeks ago I picked up some princess pull-ups for Jenna. She didn't really love them like I thought she would and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized she had no idea what or who a princess was. So, I decided it was time. Time we introduce her to a whole new world (no pun intended....). We borrowed the movies from my mom and the tradition from my sisters, and had our very first pizza and movie night. Picking a movie for her first Disney princess experience was a little more difficult than I thought. This could very well be the princess she falls in love with so who did I want it to be? Did I want to be buying Cinderella sheets in a few years, or Belle? Ariel and Jasmine are a little immodest in their shells and belly-shiners but "The Little Mermaid" is my personal favorite and holds a special place in my heart. (I got the movie for my 8th birthday and still know every single word to each song and most of the script, too). So you can see the dilemma. But, we settled on "Sleeping Beauty." I didn't think Jenna's attention span would hold up longer than 30 minutes and I thought she'd either get antsy or just fall sleep. But, she watched the entire movie, loved it and now the obssession has started. She is constantly asking for "Pincess" and we have since let her watch "Cinderella," which she pronounces "Cinalella" with an over-exaggerated "ella." She's officially part of that world!
Snuggling Daddy. Jake's a good sport!

Oh, BTW..... Jake is the man. He fixed our heater! And it didn't cost anywhere near $375. In your face Mr. Shady Pants.

Reading the directions

3 comments:

Chatty Family said...

YEAHHHH!!!! I love it! Make sure she watches B and the B before you get out here!

Unknown said...

ooooooh I LOVE Sleeping Beauty, good choice! Pink or blue, pink or blue. Anyway are you sure your going to let her watch B and the B? Aren't you afraid of that one? :) You might have to snuggle with Jake too! hehe

And way to go Jake!! Call that guy back and tell him what you did!

Portia said...

Ah...another princess has arrived!








*"Mr. Shady Pants"??????