Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jenna's new favorite words seems to be no. Last night at the dinner table she caught me glancing at her, shook her head and said, "No." I've been trying teach her to say, "No thank you" mostly so that other people know that I know that she's being a tad snotty. No one wants to be thought of as the mother of the brat!! (An apology goes out to my own mother!) This has been going on for a few weeks and I didn't think she was getting the hang of it until this morning when she threw a major fit when I tried to change her diaper and her clothes. She sat in the corner of her room and wailed. When I explained that she was going to wear a shirt but could choose between the two in front of her she said, "No, mommy, dah doo. Daaaaah doo!"

8 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

that is funny. My kids have done that. Right now my older son, when he gets mad at me he says, "then i won't be your friend!" haha. I just laugh b/c it is so funny.

Chatty Family said...

Ahh, toddlerhood! I let Porter look at a book in the store and when it was time to go, I put it down. He freaked out! I said, "I am not going to buy the book today." He was so serious when he yelled, "YES BOOK!" At least he was saying yes.

Portia said...

Great oxymoron: "Polite snottiness" A sweet little "dah doo" makes everything all right.

Unknown said...

Oh that little mini Jilly!..she is such a cute rebel. haha and I have to say that my kids will never say no. haha yeah right!

lynsey said...

lol, this cracks me up. we did the same thing with caleb but now he thinks that when he is polite, he should not have to do whatever it is. so like if he doesn't want to eat, we'll have conversations with him insisting, "but i SAID no THANK YOU!" and can't figure out why his good manners don't get him out of it.

Katie said...

That's hilarious! My nephew doesn't "get" no very well either. He says no for both yes and no. It's a funny concept!

Kimberly said...

Aww! How cute! I wish we could get our girls together! How are you? Send me an email sometime!

Kimberly said...

Aww! How cute! I wish we could get our girls together! How are you? Send me an email sometime!