Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Come to our garage sale!
The rain couldn't stop us Saturday when my mom and I hit up some garage sales where we found an awesome tricycle for Jenna that was only $5! And a Barbie blow dryer and curling iron along with some doll house toys. It was awesome. As Jake and I were leaving my parent's house, we saw this brother and sister on the street corner frantically waving their garage sale signs.
I yelled at Jake to stop!!! and rolled down my window to ask permission to take their picture. I was instantly thrown back to the early '90s when my siblings sent me to the end of the driveway to beckon drivers to take a look at our sale. I would stand out there yelling, "Come to our garage sale!" My frizzy hair was probably out of control and I was probably wearing my hot pink leggings with lace around the ankle under a pair of jean shorts, hoping I looked a little like Amy Grant. I guess I felt a little sympathy for these two, wondering if an older sibling had put them up to it! If so, they'll chuckle at the memory in another 15 years as they write about it on their blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Aren't garage sales FABULOUS!?? Glad you got some good finds!
no pictures of you doing that too? Would have loved to have seen the leggings.
Oh the fashion and style we THOUGHT we had. Glad you found some great things for Jenna. And I actually feel bad for those kids in the rain! What older sibling would result to such torture and humiliation? haha
* it comes with the title and job description of the oldest, we get full rights to persuade siblings to do things we don't want to do cause we're too cool*
That phrase will forever be in our family collection. "Come to ----(fill in the blank)--gets plucked out of the archives whenever we feel an appropriate application coming on. Kinda like "Hey Ms. Bojus, mells like moke out heo!"
Aw the things that make us smile...
Post a Comment