So, the bank program in Ohio that Jake was hoping to get into is not going to work out. The program, which trains recent college grads, was cancelled. The company recently had to lay off quite a few people because of how the market is now and therefore could not justify hiring so many for the program. I am completely crushed. I hate being so far away from my sisters and their families and we would also really like to move into a house but that is a very difficult thing to do in California. We've done everything we can to move out there and it just feels like Ohio broke up with us. Maybe it's just a timing thing. Maybe we're supposed to move to Texas.
In other news... tonight Jake and I were looking for flights (to Cleveland) and suddenly the bed started shaking. I said, "What are you doing?" and he immediately answered, "That's an earthquake!" We called his parents who live in Fremont and asked if they were okay. His dad said he was sitting at the computer when he heard a sound like the front door slamming. He said things shook pretty hard and he was about to get under his desk when it stopped. It lasted about 12 seconds and we learned that is was a 5.6 and the epicenter was in San Jose, just minutes from Fremont. The fault line runs right through Jake's parents' backyard! Jake showed me a website that documents all the earthquakes in the Bay Area and I was amazed to learn that there are tiny earthquakes every day. Sometimes ten times a day! Here is the link to the site: http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/quakes0.htm
1 comment:
Hey we are so sorry to hear about Ohio, we know that you were really wanting to move there. But on a good note, yes Texas would be here waiting for you if you ever decide you want to come out here. I could be like your sister! And we are also glad that you and Jake parents were ok. Earthquakes are crazy!! Love you tons and miss you!!
Post a Comment