Monday, November 29, 2010

Because I'm a nerd.

Most know that I was the copy editor for BYU-Idaho's newspaper and that for some weird reason I take pleasure in finding obvious grammatical errors. But don't read this blog too closely because I know I make my own mistakes! Nevertheless, I enjoy discovering (and sometimes pointing out) misused words, punctuation errors, etc. Jake loves this, especially when I do it to him.

So, when Callie had an ear infection recently, I had to laugh at the label on the prescription bottle.
Feel free to laugh at the picture... and at me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the improper use of quotation marks too. My mother-in-law always writes the number of your birthday in quotations marks, as in: Happy "14th" Birthday!

Portia said...

What? I don't see anything wrong!:-D

Sami said...

So in other words, anyone could take this medication as long as they professed to be "Callie".... Nice! But eh, they are pharmacists, not English majors right? What did grandpa Barnes think if this one?

Amy Ryan said...

There really are other people out there who are as nerdy about spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors as I am? I majored in English and spent some time before children proofreading. Need I say more?