Monday, September 13, 2010

Preschool.

You're probably expecting to read about how I bawled my eyes out on Jenna's first day of preschool, especially when I got a little teary when she moved on up to a booster seat. But, her first day was mostly just exciting. This girl was ready. She was ready to be with kids her own age, learning things from someone who knows how to teach (better than me ). I love the classroom; I love the teacher. It feels like "real" school and I like that. I think preschool is important and I'm totally getting into the whole school scene. I sat down on the first day and filled out my calendar with important dates like Picture Day, the Halloween Party, the Christmas Program.
Yes, it's a little weird to turn her over to someone else for two and a half hours and I may not know what to do with myself (and Callie) during those hours but... it was time... The traditional hand-on-the-door-first-day-of-school picture. She planned this outfit weeks in advance!
Working on a craft
The second day when she was on her own. Didn't even look back. That's when you know ...

5 comments:

Kimra Bham said...

She is so cute! I'm having so much fun hearing Drew tell me all about the fun stuff he's doing in preschool-- what a fun time!

Unknown said...

Ok she is just like you! Picking out her outfit in advance. :) Hooray for Preschool, she is a smarty.

PS I have got to email you, call you or something. And no I haven't blogged at all yet. Things have been busy.

Brooke said...

Jenna is a big girl!

MUSIC: I'm a big girl now!!!

Unknown said...

So fun. I'm sure I'll be a mess when the time comes.

BTW, we kinda know that little girl Jane sitting next to her. We've seen her multiple times at the Chick-fil-a in RR. We just saw her Monday even.

Shay said...

Awesome, way to go Jenna!!