Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Elder Grandpa & Sister Grammy makin' their way home...

... and we were their first stop! We had a great week hanging out with Jake's parents and hearing all about their mission to Toronto, Canada. I've decided that one week is not long enough to do all things Cleveland but we hit the highlights of the area.

Rosby Raspberry Farm I now have several jars of delicious raspberry jam in my pantry!

Lake Erie
A tour of historic Kirtland That day was extra exciting because I typed in an ancestor's surname into the database there, knowing that the family had lived in the area but thinking it was a long shot that anyone in my family history was a member of the church. But wouldn't you know it - there was John Hitchcock, my great-great-great-great-grandmother's nephew, who was with the Saints in Kirtland. Awesome.
Celebrated Callie's first birthday, a little early (more on her later...)

Amish CountryA tour of James A. Garfield's Memorial

There were other must-dos like Mitchell's icecream, a walk through the metroparks and walks around our neighborhood to admire the old homes (a.k.a. searching for treelawn "treasures." I did find a sewing machine! More on that later....) We're so grateful for the time we got to spend with Grandpa & Grammy. I personally am grateful for the one week that my kitchen sink stayed empty and clean and that my girls read more books with them than they have all year. Now they're off to New Jersey, Tennessee, Florida, Arizona, L.A. then HOME!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sounds like it was a nice family reunion. Those Raspberries look so good! They are my favorite fruit. I am jealous!