Monday, August 9, 2010

The summer before she starts to grow up.

We got Jenna a booster seat last week. There was no denying that Callie just could not fit in the infant carseat and needed the forward-facing one Jenna was using. So, we made a switch. Jenna tested the display seats at Target and fell in love with this one. She thanks us for it (still) multiple times a day and even says in her prayers that she is grateful for it. She loves the cup holder and the snack tray and using the big girl buckle. I like the seat too; it's a dream getting the girls in and out of the car now. But when I saw Jenna all buckled up in her booster, I may have had that corny "She's growing up" feeling where your heart is a little sad when you realize you'll never have the baby years back and wonder if you enjoyed those years as much as you should have.

But even though that time has past and every once in a while I miss her as a baby, she's a pretty fun big girl, a status that does not stop me from smothering her with kisses and asking to snuggle her in the rocking chair. Maybe I'll stop when she finally gets to junior high. Maybe. But no matter what, she'll always be my baby Jenna pants.

2 comments:

Portia said...

Remember this when she's in her
20's. She may not ALWAYS like be looked on as your baby....right?

Brooke said...

I missed so much when I was in Cali!