Monday, June 7, 2010

Special Friends Day with a not-so-special twist.

Has it really almost been a month? There's a lot to blog about. Let's back up to Special Friends Day with my niece, Macey, at her elementary school. It's really Grandparent's Day but the school is nice enough to consider kids who don't have grandparents in the area and so those students can bring Special Friends. I'm definitely not a grandparent replacement, but it sure makes me happy that I got to be Macey's guest.
We did an art project...The kids performed a reader's theater and Macey was a perfect Red Riding Hood....
We played Bingo and Macey won a Brown's hat!
After eating lunch together in the cafeteria, we headed out to the playground to swing. It was the perfect morning together. We said good-bye and I headed home with the windows rolled down, nodding my head while "Fire Burnin'" played on the radio. I was thinking about my to-do list when I saw some berries and cherries in my rearview mirror. I thought, "Oh crud! I gotta get out of this guy's way! He's after someone!" Duh. That someone was me. Apparently I was going 51 in a 35 zone. I blame Sean Kingston but the officer didn't go for that. It's my first speeding ticket ever. It's like getting your first cavity! I won't even tell you how much it cost. What a bummer. But there was still nowhere else I wanted to be that day.

Love ya Mace. Let's always be special friends.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Your family and I have similar taste in girls names! Callie's name was going to be Macey until she came and we decided she looked more like a Callie :)

Portia said...

I'm jealous. But if I had to pick a replacement for me....you'd be it.

Speeding ticket, eh? You didn't mention THAT to your mom!!!

Unknown said...

Lucky you to be the special guest "grandma". What a fun thing to do in school.

As for your special ticket...welcome to the club...and you should scrapbook it! Thats what I did and now it feels more like an adult accomplishment! hehe

I have missed you!!